Menu Bar

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month

October it Breast Cancer Awareness month! 
Did you know it's also Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month?
Most people don't!
This is a great month as people raise awareness about Breast Cancer and many people wear pink ribbons or just pink in general and everyone knows what they are supporting.
This month remember to add a little blue as a memory to all those babies that have been lost, no matter at what age!

October 15th is officially a day to remember Pregnancy and Infant Losses. 

Did you know 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriages?
Did you know that 6 out of 1000 babies die before the age of one (after having a live birth)?
Did you know most of those moms and dads think they are alone?

I know at first I did, but I was never afraid to talk about my losses. It was the hardest thing I have EVER had to go through in my life, but in speaking out about my experience I have gained great friendships, given courage and hope to others that have gone through or are currently going through a miscarriage themselves, and I have gained a greater piece of mind.

If you have a blog and have shared your miscarriage story, please leave the link in the comments below! I would love to read your story and have it there so others can read it and find strength also.

I have not yet typed up my full story, but on October 15th I will type up and post my full story of mine and my husband's miscarriages and how we got through! I challenge you (Of course only if you feel comfortable) to share your story on that day too!

You are not alone, you never have been and never will be! 

Always Smile!

3 comments:

  1. My blog is a blog dedicated to angel mommies ♥ I haven't been able to share it with anyone new in a long long time.

    http://angelmomsunited.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not forever lost cuz you'll get to raise them on the other side. What a big family you will have! Wearing blue just for you.

    ReplyDelete